On the way to Grenoble

The Navy decided the best flight for me (Dan) to Grenoble would be through Brussels, Belgium with an 8-hour layover. I thought about hanging out in the airport for all that time, probably sleeping... but instead decided to get out and take the short train to the capital of Belgium.

 A beautiful park in the middle of the city.

Bike messengers are awesome. The view of the city behind him ain't so bad, either. 

I found this sculpture hidden in between some buildings. I wish I knew more about it because to me it's absolutely stunning.

Buildings are better when they have gold on them.

WWI and WWII memorial overlooking the city. It's difficult to comprehend how much Europe suffered during these wars.


Comments

  1. this is so fun! did you really like that sculpture or were you just messing with us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mom! Yes I really truly did like that sculpture. The elongated, distorted bodies kind of transforming from limp, dead parts of the earth up to rising up and reaching higher, I guess that was neat to me.

      Delete

Post a Comment